Wednesday, August 10, 2011

To what extent do you see "morals" as synonymous with "not promiscuous"?

I am no longer promiscuous and I am in a committed monogamous relationship and considering marriage. But at one point in my life I was (with other women but not with men, which oddly seems to make a difference to some). While I am not excusing that, I would also say that I very much did have morals. I never betrayed the trust of someone with whom I was intimate, never violated the agreements we had made about our relationship, never seduced or took advantage of someone less experienced, never lied in order to get someone into bed with me, never manipulated a partner to get them to stay (though once I was tempted), never spread rumors about someone I'd broken up with... so I definitely believe I had some very clear moral standards. But are "morals" just the number of partners someone has had?

No comments:

Post a Comment