Wednesday, August 10, 2011

How do I make a quilt with cut out square portions of my kids old clothes?

You can make a quilt by hand but it will take you a good bit of time. The easiest way for you to make it with your kids old cloths would be to cut blocks (4x4, 5x5 or whatever size you would like). You can keep it simple by doing just the blocks or you can put a border of another material to frame the blocks. It really it a creative endeavor that you make to your likening. I must say that a sewing machine really helps if you can borrow one. I have done a crib quilt by hand and machine and that took approximately a month. I have started a queen size quilt, which I am still working on, that I used a machine to put all the blocks together but I am hand quilting all the rest. Long process :) As for materials that you will need: a backing fabric, batting for in between the front and back pieces, binding for the edge, and a rotary cutter and mat are really helpful. There are many really good books out there for the basics too. You could also take an introductory cl...I did. It was really helpful and I found out that I like it alot. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment